Online writing was not that different from writing for print, and as a writer, you have to create a guide on what is your writing weather it is online writing guide or for print.
One third of the population of the world today is on the web. Having an internet access is like reaching the world in your fingers. Anyone can crate, share their works, and learn from others. It is like discovering the different regions of the world without leaving the country.
You got a large vast of audience around the globe, so here are some writing tips that you might use while writing for the net.
- Brain storm. A good topic was created by great minds. While thinking of a topic, you must consider the some points like; know your audience, the approach to be used, and many more. In this stage, you have to see how you are going to write your article. It is advisable to create a pattern or guide for you to use in writing the article.
- Scout for reliable source. Before writing a topic, do your research. Write only facts and do not rely on ‘hear says’. Integration is very essential, it is better if you are going to base on what you have seen and feel during integration. It could help you grow as writer.
- Scan what’s on the document. Once you are good with your information resources and data gathering, take time to scan all the documents. For you to avoid mistakes and ensure that all essential information are in, read it from top to bottom, from the first word up to the last period of the sentences.
- Use familiar and specific words. You are writing for different type of people. You have to know your target audience and use the words that could be easy for them to understand. Basic English words will do. Anyways you are writing to inform them and not impress your readers.
- Keep it short. Do not bore your readers with long and null introductions. Metaphors and adjectives are okay but do not overdo it. Some writers use this to hide the absence of important information, and sometimes cause of libel and plagiarism cases. Also avoid unnecessary use of business jargon; not all of your readers can understand it.
- Check and rewrite. Before publishing, you must check for spellings, content, technicalities, typographical and grammatical error. Best results often come from throwing away the first batch of manuscript.
- Publish. Upload your work and allow your readers to critic it. Hearing feedbacks is better. You will also able to know whether your readers really understand what you have written.
These tips are also applicable to personal blog and opinion writers. Whatever you write you must pattern a guide on how to write it. Following your online writing guide will make this job easy for you. The most important thing is to stand on what you have written and be responsible on it.